IWC Service Repair
FROM FULL SERVICE TO MAINTENANCE
Just like any piece of precision machinery, all fine timepieces require routine maintenance or repair service. Oils that are used for lubrication inside most fine Swiss watches has a life expectancy between 3 and 4 years. Once this oil begins to break down, moving parts can wear down, affect the accuracy - and value - of the watch. Fortunately, Ermitage Jewelers offers a full range of services, ranging from basic maintenance to major repairs and restorations.
FLAWLESS REPAIR AND SERVICE PROCESS
- When your timepiece arrives at our facility it is immediately recorded into our system. Comments are added regarding the timepiece's case and serial number, and any distinguishing conditions.
- The watchmaker then opens the watch in order to assess its condition and determine a repair estimate. This process is done very carefully and is free of charge.
- Once an estimate has been established we contact you for approval. Should you not approve the estimate, the watch will be sent back to you at your expense.
- Upon approval of estimate, most watches, excluding vintage watches or watches with serious damage, will be repaired within 14 working days.
- We always replace old acrylic crystals with new ones, no exceptions.
- The repair procedure begins by disassembling the movement of your timepiece and putting it through a thorough cleaning process. Meanwhile, the case and bracelet will be refinished to like-new condition.
- Next, the watch movement is assembled, lubricated and regulated using our state-of-the-art timing machine. This is a critical step which requires a truly knowledgeable and skilled watchmaker, and it’s what separates Ermitage Jewelers from most other repair facilities. We use five different oils and lubricants each time we service your watch.
- Lastly, we always replace all gaskets.
- The repair process is complete when we place your newly restored movement into its newly refinished case. The watch is then checked for water resistance.
- Once your watch passes the final test, we’ll ship it fully insured through a reputable carrier.